Have you ever wondered how social celebrities acquire and maintain a smooth scarless skin? Well, they have a well-guarded secret. They professionally scrape dead skin cells and shave baby hairs from their faces. Therefore, if you use the best dermaplaning tool, you will also be left with a smooth and shiny surface.
In simple, dermaplaning is a method of skin treatment where a sharp scalpel blade is used to make the skin glow and smooth. It’s also known as microplaning.
Particularly, this treatment is given to scale out deep acne scars and treat damaged skin by removing the dead cell. It’s also done to remove the soft and face hairs (peach fuzz).
Notably, microplaning is a safe procedure that works on almost any skin. For you to correctly practise dermaplaning at home, you need to get the best quality dermaplaning tool. The device doesn’t have to be expensive, but its quality must be high.
Best Dermaplaning Tool Reviews 2020
With the market now flooded with low-quality products, it’s wise first to do personal research before you commit to buy. Here is a review of seven of the best dermaplaning tools in the UK market. Save yourself the pain of buying poor quality tools to exfoliate your skin.
#1 StackedSkincare – Professional & At Home Dermaplaning Tool
The StackedSkinCare dermaplaning tool is designed to give a smooth skin in just a little while. You can use this as both professional and at home dermaplaning tool.
Furthermore, this tool helps to increase your skin’s absorption of skin care products. This dermaplaner happens to be one of the best tools to remove the dead skin layer and facial hairs.
With this tool, no exfoliating brush or sponge is necessary. It does the entire job leaving you with a brighter and smoother skin. Initially, dermaplaning was a practise for dermatologists and skin care professionals only. With this tool, it’s a simple DIY process.
Being one of the best at home dermaplaning tools, this kit has a blade-guard. Therefore, you get more protection from getting hurt and still, you get the desired results. At the same time, you get less of the blade-guards against you. That’s to say, the blade covers a large surface, making it efficient in every swipe.
Above all, this professional dermaplaning tool is non-invasive. That means your skin will not be sore or irritated after use. Also, it means you will not need any downtime since the skin will not have any injuries.
The original blade doesn’t get dull quickly. By simply looking at buyers reviews, you will realise that it can be used up to four times before it requires replacement. The best quality dermaplaning tool should withstand more use time before you start thinking of blade replacement.
- The blade is sharp and can be used up to 4 times before replacement.
- You get more blade contact with this tool without a compromise on safety.
- Replacing the blade on the holder is easy.
- The device is non-invasive, making it safe for regular use.
- This device does not cause skin irritations.
- The kit only comes with one blade and you have to purchase replacement blades.
- The price of this dermaplaning tool is little high.
#2 LUXE LIFESTYLE Dermaplaning Tool Review
This is a unique dermaplaning kit that’s powered by a battery. Subsequently, it happens to be one of the safest dermaplaning tools in the market.
It has a gold-coated rotary head that adjusts naturally with the body contours. With this kit, the skin doesn’t come into contact with the blade. A genuine Luxe Lifestyle hair remover kit is made up of: 1) Patent device, 2) Spring threading tool, 3) Dermaplaning eyebrow shaper and 5) User manual.
Indeed, this kit saves you from expensive salons by equipping you with all that you need for dermaplaning. Be it the peach fuzz or any facial hair; you remove them instantly without having to book those far appointments.
Definitely, the Luxe Lifestyle hair removal kit happens to be the best face razor for women who operate on tight schedules. It saves time and money too.
At the same time, the kit is waterproof, making it ideal for use even in the shower. What about its size? The tool is easy to carry and it’s quite discreet. It fits nicely in your handbag that’s why it is a perfect stylish companion of your purse.
Actually, the tool is so gentle on your face that you can use it daily. With precise micro-oscillations, the device gently removes even the tiniest of facial hairs and sweeps them away without any cuts.
In simple words, save your time and money by getting this unique hair remover that happens to be the best face shaver for ladies. Forget the expensive wax, creams or laser treatments. This tool comes at a pocket-friendly price.
- There is no blade contact with the skin.
- Removes even the smallest speckle of peach fuzz.
- Has a small stylish size that fits in the handbag.
- The device is waterproof and fit for use in the shower.
- It’s non-invasive and you can use it every day.
- It doesn’t come with the battery. So, you have to buy them separately.
- You need to recharge the battery or purchase new ones after they get discharged.
#3 IONIA AZURÉ Dermaplaning Tool With Ceramic Blades
Are you allergic to metals and you wish you could have some facial dermaplaning tool? Then, this ceramic razor will work well for you.
Instead of metallic blades, the device has a ceramic blade. When looking for a dermaplaning tool that will give some excellent service at home, search no further beyond this tool.
At first sight, it looks like your ordinary shaving razor but no; you’re wrong. This tool is easy to use and will give satisfying results with your first attempt.
In truth, metallic blades are prone to rust. But that’s not the case with this cerazor; they don’t rust. The dermaplaning tool is twice as sharp as metallic scalpel razors. This makes it removes a thin layer of the dead skin, leaving you with a smooth, shiny face.
Definitely, this one happens to be the best lady shaver for face in the market. The narrow head of the dermaplaner is flexible and swings to cover areas around the eyes, nose and lips with ease. The cerazor blade doesn’t rust or get blunt fast. It can stay sharp and serve you for several months.
Specifically, the tool peels of the dead skin and removes the facial hair without causing any irritations or allergic reactions. Therefore, it’s safe for use on almost any skin, even those that are allergic to metals.
- The tool is suitable for use by people who are allergic to metals.
- The cerazor stays sharp for longer than metallic blades.
- The flexible head makes it possible to use the tool on areas around the eyes and nose.
- Give the desired results after a few strokes.
- The device isn’t prone to rust making very safe.
- Should be used at least once in a week.
- The blades could break under excess pressure and cause injury.
#4 Lilibeth – The Best Face Razor For Women
This facial hair removal tool comes as a set of two portable, pain-free and easy to use dermaplaning tool. It works well to get rid of dead skin cells and all unwanted facial hairs.
The hypo allergic precision stainless steel blade has a serrated edge such that it doesn’t cut or irritated your skin. Also, the head is foldable for safety and also to avoid any contamination during storage.
The brow shaper is designed to give you professional results on dermaplaning at a low cost and less time. Just forget about the tweezers, wax strings and depilatory creams.
In simple words, Lilibeth dermaplaning tool instantly removes the dead skin layer, hard and soft hairs without causing you any pain. This tool is an efficient face hair removal tool that won’t cause you any skin irritation.
Also, the tool will help you to get rid of unwanted hairs in areas such as on the knuckles, back of the neck and even on bikini lines. The tool is easy to use and you can use it anywhere at your convenience.
The reason why this is the best dermaplaning razor is that it’s easily portable and easy to store. Each shaper lasts for about two to three months. So, with a set of two, they can last up to six months before you think of buying another set.
- The device comes as a set of two hair removers.
- It has a hypoallergic precision stainless steel blade for safety.
- The head is fold-able for cleanliness and hygiene.
- The tool fits in your makeup bag and it’s easy to carry along.
- Removes the unwanted tough hairs and the soft ones as well.
- Each set can only last for a maximum of six months.
- The blades aren’t replaceable and you have to dispose the whole kit.
#5 Shiseido Facial Razor – Best Lady Shaver For Face
Shiseido facial razor comes as a set of three awesomely sharp razors. The straight blades are attached to handles to help you clean up your face of those annoying peach fuzz and to exfoliate your skin.
Notably, each razor has a plastic cover that keeps the sharp edges protected. The blades are small enough to help you access areas like under the chin that’s hard to reach.
Not only is it used to reach hairs on the hard-to-reach areas, but it’s also used to get rid of wiry hairs and dead skin that would dull your complexion. That’s why this tool is the best dermaplane tool that you need to buy.
Why should you go through the pain of using tweezers or go through traumatic times using threading or depilation to get rid of facial hairs?
This tool with a tiny razor has been used for long by celebrities around the world. It brightens their complexions and makes applying skincare products easy. That says volumes about this tool; it’s one of the best dermaplaning razor out there in the market.
Furthermore, this dermaplaning tool is non-invasive and painless. That means it can be used daily without a need for downtime.
This dermaplaner comes in size that’s easy to carry in your makeup pouch or handbag. The razors are sharp and efficient, so, you use less time and you get professional results.
- The kit comes as a set of three dermaplaning razors.
- Its razors are super sharp making them suitable for the tiny face hairs.
- Every shaver’s head comes with a plastic casing to protect them.
- It leaves your skin with a brighter complexion.
- The device can be used daily without fear of skin damage or irritation.
- The blade can easily cut into your skin if used wrongly.
- You have to dispose of each razor after using it for four times.
#6 Swann-Morton Dermaplaning Scalpel Blades Review
This device uses the traditional surgical blade No.10 that has a curved edge. Though the blade is mainly for specialised surgeries, it also happens to be among the best dermaplaning scalpel blades. Before you go out asking for this kit, you should be at least 18 years and above because a signature will be needed.
The kit comes as a pack of 10 No.10 blades. Actually, this pack is meant for professional and for use at home. The blades come as handled razors making handling the tool easy. To avoid injuries, then each scalpel has a plastic blade cover.
The blade of this tool is quite sharp and helps to rid of facial hairs without much struggle. Since the edge is quite sharp, you need to hold the device carefully during the procedure to avoid cutting into the skin. The tool helps to remove dead skin cells and leaves your skin clean, shiny and looking young.
So, are you struggling with unwanted hairs on the face and neck? Swann-Morton razors happen to be one of the best choices to consider as your ideal facial hair removal tool. It’s pocket-friendly price and efficiency makes it a must-have kit.
By using this dermaplaning tool, you realise that you don’t need to spend all the time and money at the salon to get dermaplaning services. After using the tool, dispose it carefully.
- It comes as a pack of ten sharp handle blades.
- The sharp surgical blades make it easy to remove facial hairs.
- You can re-use the blades for hobby activities.
- The kit comes at a pocket-friendly price.
- Your skin is left clean facial hair and looking bright.
- Each Swann-Morton scalpel is only fit for a single use.
- Individuals who are less than 18 years of age can’t buy this device.
#7 EQUINOX – The Best Dermaplaning Blades in UK
Talking of the best dermaplaning tools, one can’t miss talking about Equinox scalpel blades. This kit is an exclusive pack of 20 blades that come with a unit dispenser box. Each blade is separately packed, making it easy to dispense one at a time.
Talking of the blades, they are made of high carbon steel and rounded at the tips to avoid injuries when using the dermaplaning scalpel. Therefore, they are safe for use on your face without any fear of pricking yourself with the blade.
The tool professionally removes all hairs from the face and also scrapes away any dead-skin making your skin to look bright.
This kit comes with a reusable stainless steel handle where you fix the blade for dermaplaning. Fortunately, the blades can also work with other conventional scalpel handles or reusable metallic scalpel handles.
Since the handles are reusable, after exhausting the first set of blades, you only need to source for blades only. This is cheaper than buying the whole set once more.
It’s easy to fix the scalpels on the handle and also easy dismount it. This makes the tool safe for use at home as one of the best dermaplaning scalpel.
- This set comes with a scalpel handle and 20 scalpels.
- Scalpel holders are reusable making a subsequent purchase of blades cheap.
- The blades are sharp and remove all unwanted hair and dead skin.
- Round-tipped scalpels avoid accidental pricks when using the tool.
- You get the desired results on your skin without any skin irritations.
With the perfect dermaplaning tool, you don’t need to pay the expensive salon charges to get a smooth skin. The removal of facial hairs and dead skin cells by using dermaplaning tools that work on almost all skins giving great results within a short time. Some of these dermaplaning results include:
- You get a bright complexion that comes after the removal of the dead skin layer from your face.
- Dermaplaning makes the skin smooth and youthful. A face without the annoying peach fuzz feels smooth and also absorbs skincare products efficiently to help it look youthful for long.
- Dermaplaning also helps to reduce acne spots on the face. Without the scars, your face will look brighter and young.
For you to maintain a smooth and youthful looking face, dermaplaning should be a regular practice. This means you can dermaplane every day without any fear of skin irritation.
What are the Myths of dermaplaning?
There are some old myths about dermaplaning that dermatologists have so far disapproved. One of the myths is that facial hair grows back darker and thicker after microplaning. The truth is that no matter where the hair grows, shaving doesn’t make it thicker or darker.
Another truth is that dermaplaning does not cause breakouts but prevents them. Removal of the dead skin elevates congestion. Therefore, the myth that dermaplaning will lead to breakouts isn’t varied.
Surprisingly, some people say that dermaplaning isn’t good for dark skin. Though some methods like scrubbing aren’t recommended on dark skin, using a dermaplaning tool is safe for any skin. It doesn’t cause any irritation.
Truthfully, shaving hairs on your other parts like the armpits isn’t painful. Also, shaving your facial hair isn’t painful at all. Compared to other methods like waxing and the use of tweezers, dermaplaning is the least painful.
Though as a beginner you may take longer, dermaplaning takes about 15 to 25 minutes on average.
Questions & Answers on Dermaplaning
Q. How long does dermaplaning last?
Ans: A dermaplaning session takes about 10-25 minutes. The sessions can on a weekly schedule. This makes the process easy and less cumbersome.
If you’re asking how long you need to take before you repeat the procedure, then that’s different. After dermaplaning, it may take 2-3 weeks before any need to repeat the process arises.
Q. Who can perform dermaplaning?
Ans: Aestheticians and beauty experts can professionally perform dermaplaning. They have salons where they work from to help you maintain that sharp look at a face.
Also, you can learn how to do it at home to save your money and time too. All you need is an excellent dermaplaning tool and you’re good to go. Most importantly, you need to keenly look observe hygiene and sanitation to avoid any unpleasant skin reactions.
Q. Does dermaplaning hurt?
Ans: Dermaplaning isn’t to be painful at all. What you may experience is some redness that disappears within a short time. The redness is a result of scraping the dead skin layer and the friction of the dermaplaning tool on the skin.
In case you feel pain, you may be doing the wrong thing or you could be using the wrong tool. You need to follow the instructions that come with your device.
Q. Does dermaplaning help with acne scars?
Ans: Yes, it does help with acne scars. Dermaplaning gets rid of the dead cells and exfoliates it. This helps in the regeneration of new cells that are less lightens the blemishes and eventually eliminate them.
Actually, a dermaplaned skin also absorbs more skincare products increasing its chances of benefitting from the products. However, don’t perform any dermaplaning if your face acne. This would cause or spread infections.
Q. How much does dermaplaning cost the UK?
Ans: Cost is always relative to various conditions. If you visit the high-end salons, you might pay more than in another salon just down the street. On average, the cost dermaplaning in the UK ranges from £65 to £300.
Having to perform the procedure every week or even twice a week may end up being expensive. You can as well buy your kit and be dermaplaning at home.
The Buying Guide to Choose the Best Dermaplaning tool:
When it comes to purchasing a dermaplaning tool for yourself, you need to make an informed decision. It saves you a lot of money and time when you learn how to do dermaplaning at home and you get the perfect tool for the job. Here are some factors you should consider when buying your kit.
- i. First of all, you need to consider the intended purpose of the tool. Is it for professional or at home use? For professional use, you need to go for top quality dermaplaning tool that will serve more clients without any worry of running out soon.
ii. Another factor you need to consider the material that makes the blade. Like mentioned above, dermaplners like Lonia Azuré cerazor have their blades made of ceramics.
Its blades are sharper than the steel blades on other facial hair removal tool. Therefore, if your skin gets allergic reactions with metals, then you should look for a dermaplaning tool that has blades that aren’t metal metallic.
- iii. When planning to buy a device for dermaplaning at home, always consider your budget. Some kits may be a bit costly, especially if you’re just buying for the first time. Some brands will from £3 to £80.
Therefore, if I wise to compare the price and go for one that suits you. What you should note is that expensive items aren’t always top quality and neither are cheap ones of poor quality. Look for the dermaplaning tool reviews and make an informed decision.
Indeed, you need to consider buying a safe gadget for use on your skin. You don’t want a tool that’s going to break under little pressure. Also, because you may not have experience in dermaplaning, go for devices with blade guards. The guards prevent the blade form cutting into your skin. Therefore, before you commit your money on a device, look for a top rated dermaplaning tool. Buyers’ feedback on the product should guide you.
- v. When planning to buy a facial hair remover, consider a tool that will serve you for long. Actually, consider purchasing a kit that comes as a set of several dermaplaning tools. Also, you can go for a package that comes with blades for replacement. The longer your purchase intervals are, the cheaper and efficient it’s going to be for you.
- vi. Also, you need to consider how the gadgets run; either manually or are they electric. Some dermaplaners like the Luxe Lifestyle hair removers need batteries to run. So, consider whether the tool you want to buy runs on batteries. The battery operated dermaplaners are suitable for beginners since they need little skill to work with.
Unfortunately, counterfeit items find their way to the market. That’s why you always need to buy your gadget from authorised dealers. Imitations will never lack their limitations, yet they tend to sell fool you into buying them.
Therefore, always verify the authenticity of a device before buying it. Otherwise, you will end up with compromised dermaplaning results.
Final Words on Dermaplaning Tool
Finally, the power to choose a dermaplaner that will work well is in your hands. Having to do your peach fuzz removal at home doesn’t mean you get compromised dermaplaning results.
That’s to say; you need to go for a gadget that’s within your budget and one that fits your needs. Actually, looking at dermaplaning tool reviews will help you pick the best dermaplaning tool that you have always desired.
Actually, you can shop for your kit online from stores that can also deliver the gadget to you for free.
Save yourself the struggle of having to visit some salon every three or so week to get a dermaplane. Performing the procedure yourself will save you time and money too. Again, with a personal kit, you can plan when to perform the procedure at your own convenience. Not like in derma clinics where you have to keep booking for appointments.